Steps for Making Copy of Car Key – 2013 Lexus RX350
- a. Connect programming equipment to the vehicle’s OBD-II port.
- b. Choose vehicle year make and model from the tablet connected to programming equipment.
- c. Keep driver’s door open and engage emergency lights.
- d. Bring existing (original) key fob to push-to-start button and wait for 1 beep.
- e. Bring new (un-programmed) key fob to push-to-start button and wait for 2 beeps.
- a. Press lock, unlock and trunk buttons to test functionality.
- a. Read the code from the door lock.
- a. Enter lock codded into key cutting machine equipment.
- b. Cut key from each side.
- Put lock back and test door locking and unlocking functionality.
1. Program the new key fob by the part number.
For successful programming use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) key fob when possible.
2. Test operations of newly programmed key fob.
Keep original key far away from the vehicle to avoid interference.
Note: If programming unsuccessful do not proceed to the next step.
3. Take out driver’s door lock.
Note: Alternatively, use vehicle identification number (VIN) to purchase lock code from the manufacturer.
4. Cut the key.
Note: The key cutting process takes about 10 minutes.